For individuals trying to reduce weight, poha, a classic Indian breakfast dish made from flattened rice flakes, is a healthy and nourishing choice. It is a simple to digest food that is high in fibre, low in calories, and low in fat. We shall examine the nutritional advantages of poha and how it can promote weight loss in this post.
Also Read: Is Chia Seeds Good for Weight Loss
Nutritional Facts of Poha
A serving of 100g of poha contains the following:
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 76g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 7g
Poha is a low-calorie, low-fat, and high-carbohydrate food, as these statistics demonstrate. Protein and fibre are also present, which may prolong your feeling of fullness and satisfaction.
Poha and Weight Loss
Poha’s low calorie, high fibre, and protein composition make it an excellent diet for weight loss. Fibre helps you stay fuller for longer, which decreases cravings and the need for between-meal snacks. Additionally, protein can support muscle growth and repair while also keeping you full and happy.
Poha is additionally simple to process and does not result in bloating or indigestion. It is also gluten-free, making it a fantastic choice for people who are intolerant to gluten.
Healthy Ways to Enjoy Poha
Poha is a good food for losing weight, but to reap the full benefits, it must be prepared properly. Here are several delicious and nutritious ways to make poha:
- Vegetable Poha: To add more fiber and nutrients to your poha, add some chopped veggies such as onions, carrots, peas, and capsicum.
- Sprouted Poha: Soak some poha overnight, then mix in some sprouted chana or moong dal the next day. Your breakfast will become more protein and fiber-rich as a result.
- Poha Upma: To make poha upma, heat some oil in a skillet and add some mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and curry leaves. Sauté for a few minutes after adding some chopped onions, tomatoes, and green chilies. Several minutes later, add some poha that has been soaked. Your breakfast will taste better and be more nutrient-dense thanks to this.
Poha is a low-calorie, low-fat, high-fiber, and high-protein food that can help with weight loss. In conclusion, poha is a healthy and nutritious food. It also doesn’t create gas or bloating and is simple to digest. To reap the greatest benefits, it’s crucial to cook it healthfully. Poha may be made even more healthful and satisfying by including some veggies and sprouts.
Also Read: Is Flax Seeds Good for Weight Loss
- Best Diet Plan for Renal Disorder - November 9, 2023
- Diet Plan for Jaundice Patients: A Comprehensive Guide to Healthy Eating - July 19, 2023
- Kerala Diet Plan for Weight Loss: A Comprehensive Guide - July 19, 2023